Saturday, October 23, 2010

Gifts from the Garden





A garden is a grand teacher. 
 It teaches patience and careful watchfulness;
it teaches industry and thrift; above all, it teaches entire trust." 
 -Gertrde Jekyll

The last of my vegetables... I will soon have to clear my beloved garden for winter.  I have learned so much in my planting and harvesting this year.  The Lord Jesus has been SO FAITHFUL!  I have to set my jaw and force myself NOT to obsess about next year's garden yet. 

We have so much planned for this fall... long bike rides in the cool autumn evenings, campfires at our cabin with Marshmallows and S'mores.... Friends overnight for late night board-games and then old movies and popcorn.  So I need not dream yet of my garden. 

Jesus said, “If you try to keep your life for yourself you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake…you will find true life” (Mark 8:35).  And so, I am choosing to place my life totally in Christ's hands, and be happy wherever He leads me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment