Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Only Standard that Really Counts

We are all extra perky this morning
This morning, I was reflecting on my role as a Mother.

This wonderful job requires the skills of a teacher, counselor, maid, short-order cook, nurse, party planner, financial analyst, and chauffer! Unfortunately, the society we live in today has downplayed the importance of my role as a mom. I was reminded of this in church, of all places! A comment was made like, “Oh, you only work part time? How many hours?” Sometimes I just want to scream, “You are kidding, right?” Comments like that hurt me to the bone. And I only have one kid! Think of a stay at home mom who has several children, who chooses to raise her children full-time and not work outside the home. She works harder than anyone could ever imagine!

If I want to define my role the way God defines it, I must turn to the only standard that really counts: The Bible. When those blues of discouragement start clouding my thoughts, I am choosing to remember that my God holds me in the highest esteem- if you don’t believe me, read Proverbs chapter 31.

No comments:

Post a Comment