Monday, March 28, 2011

Day 18: A New Thing

Barbara & Blaine at Christmas
"See, I am doing a new thing! 
Now it springs up; Do you not perceive it? 
 I am making a way in the Desert..."
(Isaiah 43:19)

Life is full of surprises, and this is certainly the truth in our family's case this week.  I am delighted by the outreach and offers of help by so many recently.  I love being astonished by GOD.  My courage and faith are growing daily as I think about the journey my family faces in relation to the situation with Sarah.   While others may have felt despair and fear, I feel HOPE.  I have discovered even more strength through Friends, Family and Church Family, and in prayer. 

Sarah has been moved to a Room on a Medical/Surgical unit.  Debbie and Mom (Jeanne) are in the room with her from 8am to 10:30 pm, with  the exception of 2 short breaks for meals.  Sarah is eating, but also has a feeding tube because she does not yet eat enough calories to sustain her.  Her meals are liquid, or very soft foods like mashed potatoes and finely ground meat (which she dislikes).  But she is eating! 

Plans are being made for her great-Grandma (Louree) & other family members to visit this weekend, and next week.  I would like to ask that encouraging cards be also be sent to Debbie as often as possible.  She has sacrificed so much... she spends all day sitting at the bedside and serving Sarah in any way needed.  I have talked to her on the phone several times in the past few days.  She has a great attitude, but I can only imagine what her Mother's Heart is going through, really.  She is able to receive cards and letters at the following Address:

Mrs. Debbie Blaine
c/o The Hospitality House of Charlotte
1400 Scott Avenue
Charlotte, NC  28203
Sarah's address is also listed at the end of this post
Curtis & Debbie at a
Marines Parade in
New Cumberland
this past summer
Thank you to those of you who are able to send a card
and words of caring and kindness!  There is no telling how encouraging a pile
of cards might be at a time like this!  

Note to Our Prayer Warriors:  Please pray for my family to be drawn closer each day to our ever-
surprising and powerful GOD.  Pray for Sarah to experience relief from severe pain, and for healing of her body to continue. 
My Prayer today: 

Dear Precious Father-
Help me never to underestimate the YOUR ability
to open doors, eyes, and hearts
 In Jesus Name,
Amen

Sarah Blaine
c/o the Carolina's Medical Center
1001 Blythe Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28203

No comments:

Post a Comment