Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Prayers for Sarah continued: Day 5

March 15th... and my Father's Birthday today


"I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward." --Charlotte Bronte (1816-1853).

The song, "Great is Thy Faithfulness, Oh GOD, my Father" keeps playing in my mind today. It has been one of my favorites since the months preceding the adoption of our son.  I am so glad the LORD commanded us to worship Him by singing songs and hymns. Little do we know how much these hymns will sustain us in the darkest hours of our lives.


Tom and Jeanne with Blaine
May, 2009

News from Charlotte today:  Sarah is restless, moving and trying to pull out her Vent tube, IV tube, and Chest tube. They tried to do an MRI today, but Sarah was unable to stay still long enough to perform an accurate test. I pray she is not in tremendous pain, and that this is an indication that she is becoming stronger. I have begun a little ritual of lighting a candle and saying a prayer for Sarah early in the morning, and then each time I pass by the candle during the day, I whisper another petition to the LORD on her behalf.

My thoughts are focused on my Father, Tom, today. May the LORD strengthen him and give him the gift of FAITH. May HE touch Dad's heart in a way that will make a life change somehow. May someone reach Dad with the Good news of Jesus. All of my own attempts at doing so have failed. It is rather humiliating, I am afraid.  I am no great evangelist, sadly, though I will never cease to try. And never cease praying, either. I would beg for prayers regarding the salvation of my father's soul, and those of my prodigal family members.

"Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is GOD in heaven above and on the earth below.
There is no other. Keep His decrees and commands, which I AM giving out today, so that it may go well with you and your children after you, and that you may live long in the land the LORD your GOD gives you for all time."          ------------The Book of Deuteronomy

No comments:

Post a Comment