Sunday, June 13, 2010

A literary tip (or how to get your family to enjoy good literature together)

Throw your heart out in front of you
and run ahead to catch it.

-- An Arab Proverb



This weekend our family did a lot of travelling to visit some out of town family members who were staying a few towns over. I had been wanting to read the book, "the Silver Skates" to our family for some time now after having read a review of it's virtues. Well... I checked out the audio book at the library, and, without sayng a word, pushed the CD into the car stereo as we backed out of the driveway. At first the "boys" questioned the audio recording, but I said, "Let's just listen for the first 15 minutes, then if you decide you don't want to hear the story, we'll turn it off."




Of course, by the time we arrived 1 & 1/2 hours later, everyone was deeply into the story. When we pulled up to my mother-in-law's driveway and my husband stopped the car, I was surprized that no one made a move to get out! I finally had to turn it off myself, thinking that my in-laws would surely think some emergency occured inthe car


No comments:

Post a Comment