Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 8: God's Perfect Love Casts out Fear

Oswald Chambers wrote that "perseverance means more that endurance" (My Utmost for His Highest).  That my family is truly in the Hands of God has never been more clear in my mind than now.   I ask for many of my friends and family to bow before the Throne of our ALMIGHTY GOD to ask HIM to intervene once again for my parents, my brother and his family, and for Sarah. 
Jeanne with Great Grandson Brayden and Grandson Blaine
August 2010
 There is a praise and worship song that is a favorite of Blaine.  We sing it in the car on the way to school, and we talk about the meaning of the words:

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
YOUR perfect love is casting out fear.
And there will be an end to these struggles,
But until that day comes,
We live to know YOU here on the earth.

And I will fear no evil...
For my GOD is with me...
and if my GOD is with me...
Whom then shall I fear,
Whom then shall I fear?

"How do people go through life without JESUS?"  a little boy's voice queries from the back seat of our van this morning.

 I tell Blaine about Saul and how he did awful things to the early Christians, and then about his conversion and how he never quit telling others about Jesus, and how he wrote most of the Books of the New Testament.   I tell him about the hardships that Paul experienced after he took on Christ as his Savior.  No comments from the backseat.  I glance back to see if he is on to some other random boyish thought, and find him staring out the window reflectively. 

"Mommy, if I go to public school next year, I am going to have to break the rules," he says 3 minutes later.  My head swings around in surprise. 

"Really?" I say cautiously, trying to curtail my urge to lecture.

"Yes, if they say I can't talk about God and Jesus, I am going to have to talk anyway.  They might spank
 me, but I still will tell my teacher and my friends about Heaven."

Big Smile!  I tell him I am proud of him, take a deep breath, and silently whisper a prayer of praise to my Father GOD for giving me this blessing called Blaine.  May the LORD bless you, reader, as you continue to pray for my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment