Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 9, “…that they may know YOU…”


“Come, let us return to the LORD,
 for HE has torn us to pieces,
but He will heal us.
HE has injured us,
but HE will bind up our wounds.”
(Hosea 6:1)

Last night I had a frightening dream, and woke up with this verse flooding my mind. Years ago I committed it to memory, and last night it soothed my soul. I know I have taken it out of context (read the next 5 verses or so and you will see for yourself), but it seems to speak to me. Not that I am blaming my Father GOD for the latest happenings… truly… when someone at church this morning (a teen) asked me why I thought GOD was doing all this to the family, the thought came to me…”Why not us?”

We are not above it all, or so different that the LORD cannot teach us in HIS way. This verse, to me, is more of a calling to Repentance to me, and to all those who have gone astray (Isaiah 53:6). We must hold on to hope until the end, which is not easy when we have no idea when the end will come or how things will turn out. I do know this… I know GOD. I have total confidence in HIM. Jesus said, “This is eternal life, that they may know YOU…” (John 17:3). Please pray for my family, for me, that we will face what we must face with an unwavering FAITH. I know GOD is disciplining us to place us into HIS central place of power, where HE will be glorified. And I will praise HIM today for this.

Curtis is in Charlotte with Sarah. Barbara is also there at Sarah’s bedside day and night. Barbara has exams at college in Greenville this coming week, and will be back & forth to the Carolina’s Med Center in the evenings. Debbie is home, planning to return to work Mon-Fri, then Fri night she will return to Charlotte for the Weekend, possibly with my parents.   I pray hard for health, strength, and meaning for all of us in this journey we walk. There are so many places in this world still untouched by the life of Christ. Pray that something will break through for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment